Tuesday 10 November 2009



On a sidenote, HoH's t-shirts for Kickers evolved from Holland's initial collaboration with Kickers on the Kick-HoH reinterpretation of the Kick-Hi boot his his autumn 07-8 collection. Again, it's the revival of a classic like the Clarks wallabee or desert boot or Yohji Yamamoto's work with Doc Martens, but the brightly coloured patents and fluro laces makes the revival have more freshly seasonal relevance. I'll say this in a wee, tiny, whisper... I sort-of, kind-of, vaguely like them? (There's a very high lilting, questioning tone at the end...). Call it my random bit of Monday Loving when everything on a day like this seems so bad and dire, that something like these shoes can find their way into my 'I heart it' side of the brain. oh dear, am I allowed to retract what I say later on?

No comments:

Post a Comment